• In 2001, John Gard was the author of Wisconsin’s Senior Care program to provide senior citizens relief from the rising cost of prescription drugs. Since the program’s creation, John Gard has fought efforts to cut Senior Care and hurt senior citizens. He has worked hard to preserve the medical care our seniors deserve from the necessary checks ups, to prescription drugs, as well as coverage for low libido therapy. He has been successful in many of his goals, but insurance companies refused to cover certain age management medicine therapies, requiring the patient to pay completely out of pocket for them. Under certain situations the health insurance companies will pay for some bio-identical hormone replacement therapies. John suggest you check with your health insurance company before starting treatment. I wonder how John would react to the ability to buy online std test kits, bypassing going to a medical doctor. Would he advocate for that right? Actually I prefer the system is the UK which allows a home test kit that you send to a lab. When you buy std test kits online from UK-regulated pharmacies or online doctors, look for CQC registration or GMC-registered doctors. This helps guarantee that a reliable lab is testing. The results and the nature of the test you have taken are kept anonymous. In the US, doctors and labs are required to report any positive results which is why many people want an at home STD test that gives a result in about 15 minutes. SO what if the result is positive? The better online sites selling STD home testing kits will recommend that you see a doctor for the proper treatment. Many STDs left untreated can cause dire consequences for not only the individual, but also their sexual partner(s). I’m not sure where John Gard stands on this issue, but I suspect he would follow the more conservative Republican ideology which is to abstain from sex outside of a marriage. Unfortunately many people do not follow this philosophy.
• Wisconsin families work hard for a living. They deserve to have more money in their checkbook, and nothing should keep them feeling secure – they pay their dues daily. What family doesn’t want to bring happiness to their children. Government needs to learn to do more with less. John has cut income, sales and property taxes. In fact, the overall tax burden in Wisconsin is lower because of John’s efforts in the Assembly.
• Did you know that John Gard is a dog lover? Like many dog lovers he realized the importance of allowing their animal access to an enclosed outdoor area where the animal can have space to run and do its “duty”. So John did some research online and found a site where he could purchase some dog doors, specifically electronic dog doors that were collar activated using RFID, magnetic or electro-magnetic technologies. His dogs were able to have access to a fenced in outdoor area without the need of having someone either walk them leashed or open a door for them. John chose a motorized electronic doggie door that controlled both the entry and exit of his dogs. They proved perfect for the politician and his family. If you are an animal lover, as is John, you should check out the use of a dog door for your pets. They work great for indoor / outdoor cats as well.
• John successfully led the fight in the Wisconsin Legislature to end the tax on Social Security benefits. Wisconsin was one of only a few states that taxed Social Security. Because of John Gard, Wisconsin does not tax Social Security benefits anymore, saving taxpayer over $80 million a year.
• John Gard voted to cut income taxes by $1.1 billion dollars. He voted to cut property taxes by $1.6 billion. He voted for the Property Tax Freeze. He voted to eliminate the Marriage Penalty.
The John Gard Record: Leadership with results for Northeast Wisconsin.
John Gard served as a speaker of the State Assembly for five years starting in 2003 and speaking all the way until 2007. After graduating from the University of Wisconsin- La Crosse situated in La Crosse, Wisconsin. He has two children with his wife Cathy Zeuske- Elizabeth Gard and John Vincent Gard. He is part of the republican political party in office from 2003 to 2007 as the speaker of the Wisconsin State Assembly. He was then succeeded by Mr. Michael Huebsch. He was also a member of the Wisconsin state assembly fro 1987- 2007, succeeded by John Nygren.
Any questions or inquiries please direct to : info (at) gardforcongress.com
We will happily answer any questions, inquiries or comments you have to share with us!!!
I think it is also telling that 75% of Steve Kagen’s campaign contributions are from Washington, D.C. special interest groups. It certainly shows where the bulk of Congressman Kagen’s support lies.
I will make a final decision later this year, but Cate and I are looking forward to traveling Northeast Wisconsin to talk about how we can build a better and brighter future for all of our families.
Best wishes to you!
Authorized & Paid for by Gard for Congress, Mike Piasecki, Treasurer Powered by the Apotheo Group Copyright © 2007 Gard for Congress, All Rights Reserved
If you are interested in learning more or assisting us in any way we are always keeping a watchful eye for help.